Caution! These are highly addictive!
Growing up, my husband’s parents would make these delicious little treats all the time! Yet, after he left home, these chocolate bars were forgotten and hidden in the deep innermost concaves of his mind. That is until our trip to Costa Rica when he woke up from a deep sleep and insisted we make these delicious chocolate bars from his childhood.
I kind of wish he didn’t have that dream…. because neither one of us needs be going through an entire sheet of chocolate bars in a matter of 3 days! 🙃
But they’re that good and that’s why I needed to share! They’re also a Kunz family recipe…so you making these is like having us over for a dinner or a game night…because…we would totally be great guests and bring this delicious treat with us…
Also and especially because I wouldn’t want to eat another cookie sheet of them to myself! 😄
Dreamy Chocolate Bars
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1.2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 4 ounces eagle brand condensed milk
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a dash of salt (or to your liking)
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350
- Mix together “Bar Mix” ingredients. Take 3/4 of the batter and pat it til the batter is even and flat on a 10X15 cookie sheet
- Melt chocolate chips in a saucepan on the stove. Stove set on low.While chocolate is melting add in condensed milk, vanilla and salt to your liking.
- Once Chocolate is melted spread it over top the cookie bar batter.
- Take the remaining “Bar Mix” roll it into balls with your hands and then pat the balls flat. Placed the flat discs of batter on top of the chocolate.
- NOTE: the flat discs will not cover the entire surface of chocolate layer. Place them sporadically on top until the remaining batter in gone.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
If you make them take a picture and tag me! I wanna see!