Caution! These are highly addictive!
When my husband was young, his parents would make these delicious dreamy chocolate bars, often! Yet, after he left home, these chocolate bars were lost, forgotten and hidden in the deep innermost concave of his mind…That is until one morning he awoke from his deep slumber, with these chocolate bars as the first thing on his mind. Relentlessly insistent that we make them ASAP!
I kind of wish he didn’t have that dream…. because neither one of us needs to be going through an entire sheet of chocolate bars in a matter of 3 days!
But they’re that good and that’s why I needed to share! They’re also a Kunz family recipe…so by making these, in your house, it’ll be like having us over for a dinner or a game night because we would totally be great guests and bring this delicious treat over with us…!
Also and especially because I wouldn’t want to eat another cookie sheet all to myself!
Dreamy Chocolate Bars
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1.2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 14 ounces eagle brand condensed milk
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a dash of salt (or to your liking)
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350
- Mix together “Bar Mix” ingredients. Take 3/4 of the batter and pat it til the batter is even and flat on a 10X15 cookie sheet
- Melt all the "chocolate mix" ingredients in a saucepan on the stove. Stove set on low.
- Once Chocolate is melted spread it over top the cookie bar batter.
- Take the remaining “Bar Mix” roll it into balls with your hands and then pat the balls flat. Placed the flat discs of batter on top of the chocolate.
- NOTE: the flat discs will not cover the entire surface of chocolate layer. Place them sporadically on top until the remaining batter in gone.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
If you make them take a picture and tag me! I wanna see!